Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Is PEX okay for h/w-radiator heating system?

On Nov 7, 11:49 am, wrote:
On Nov 7, 10:25 am, "BETA-32" wrote:

Can PEX piping be used for a cast iron hot water radiator heating system?

Right now, the system is a combination of original galvanized steel pipes
and more recently added copper lines. I am just wondering if when moving
the location of a couple of the radiators for a remodel job, can I use PEX
to reconnect the radiators at their new locations?

Yes, many hybrid hydronic systems are using PEX. they are running at
180F, so no reason you couldn't. I would want to verify the specs on
the pex tubing though.

Hydronic or floor heat is around 110f not the 185 my boiler gets to,
You risk loosing your boiler to a fancy garden hose. But its your
house not mine.