Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] beerguzzler50@yahoo.com is offline

Default Is PEX okay for h/w-radiator heating system?

On Nov 7, 10:25 am, "BETA-32" wrote:
Can PEX piping be used for a cast iron hot water radiator heating system?

Right now, the system is a combination of original galvanized steel pipes
and more recently added copper lines. I am just wondering if when moving
the location of a couple of the radiators for a remodel job, can I use PEX
to reconnect the radiators at their new locations?

Yes, many hybrid hydronic systems are using PEX. they are running at
180F, so no reason you couldn't. I would want to verify the specs on
the pex tubing though.