Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default I'm ****ed Off

wrote:

restore it anyhow. That was until recently when I found out they are
going to completely eliminate analog tv stations and switch everything
to digital. That's why I am ****ed off. Even if I restore this old
tv, there will no longer be anything to watch on it. I know there
will be converters for newer tvs, but I doubt it will work on an old
set like that, since there are no input jacks. It looks like anyone
that collects antique tvs will no longer be able to watch them. As
always, the government is screwing up our lives, but thats nothing
new. Hell, tv frequencies have been the same ever since the beginning
of tv itself, but now that we entered the 21st century everything is
changing so fast one can no longer keep up. This really does **** me
off.

It helps if you have the correct information, rather than going on what you
think you know. You will be able to hook up the digital-to-analogue
converter to an existing analogue tv by a number of options. One option is
to use an antenna adaptor connected to the old fashioned antenna flat-wire
connector.

http://www.dtvtransition.org/downloa...verter_qsg.pdf

Sorry to spoil your '**** me off' mood.

--