Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default QUESTION: FM Stereo Sensitivity

"EADGBE" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 6, 3:53 pm, "David Farber" wrote:

VR301 is the VCO adjustment. It's located near the tuning gang. This

would
be the easiest thing to adjust that might correct the problem. First

take
note of where it's set so that if the adjustment doesn't work, you can
return it to its prior state. Then turn it slightly one way or the other

and
see if your stereo signal light comes on for more stations. If not, go

the
other direction. Without a frequency counter, you'll need to trial and

error
this adjustment.

David:

Thanks so much for the information. I work on analog stuff (tape
decks, turntables), but I'm not too well-versed in tuner circuitry.
This will be a big help.

FWIW, I do have a frequency counter, but it's not in hand just yet.
(Just ordered it.)

I looked at the service manual again and the alternative method of alignment
says to adjust VR301 until the stereo light comes on. When you get your
counter, hook it up to TP301 via 100k ohm resistor and adjust VR301 for
19KHz. It might help if you move the tuning dial so there is no station
being received during the test.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center