Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default Unions

Millwright Wrong wrote in article
. com...
I've seen several posts by certain people who say unions have outlived
their usefulness and are no longer needed.

If you feel this way you're in for a rude awakening some time in the
future. Once the unions are gone you'll see. There have been many
workers that are non-union that have ridden on the coattails of
unions.

I run my own business.....started with absolutely no assistance from ANY
union or union member.

Whose coattails am I riding on?

Many times the benchmark for workers for wages and benefits have been
union workers, especially the UAW. There is also what is called the
prevailing wage. Many wages in a community are based on benchmarks and
prevailing wages.

That's a "union thing."

In the REAL world, wages and other compensation are based on value
received.

Just wait. When all of this is gone we'll all be living in cardboard
boxes like they do in Mexico. If you're a professional person it can
happen to you, too.

I hope they choose union-made cardboard boxes...ROFLMAO

This whole deal of illegal immigration, outsourcing - offshoring, H-1B
abuses, and other things will serve to lower everyones wages, even
among the professions. It's just a matter of time. In fact, it's
happening as I write this. Some bigshot somewhere is hatching a plan
to offshore your job or reduce your wages. You can take that one to
the bank!

There wasn't ANY union involvement in the opening of my own business.

If ANYBODY was gonna' "offshore" my job, it would be ME!.......

.....and, I'm pretty happy with myself these days, so that doesn't look like
it's about to happen.

When this happens who will stand up for you? The government? Hah, Hah.
You'll wish you had a union.

You sound like the playground bully who finally meets his
comeuppance...........

........then cries, "Wait until I tell my Daddy!"