Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need welding tricks.... keeping things cool

On Sep 11, 5:52 pm, Ignoramus26973

Directly behind the
arm, with about .250 clearance is a nylon bushing.... I

I do not think that there is any way to avoid damaging the bushing
that is .250 away from the weld.

I think he means the weld is on the other side of the arm plus another
1/4 inch to the bushing.

Dan

I rigged up a small air nozzle to blow on the backside of the arm to
keep things cool.... I cannot seal the airflow from getting around to
the front because the design of the arm has a few screw holes in it, I
think the air flow from the nozzle is disrupting my welding gas.