Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Replacing Grout on bathroom walls

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Ferk" wrote in message news:8r2Yi.182029$Da.37626@pd7urf1no...

Whats the best way to get this grout out from the batroom wall tiles, 1/8
joints and smaller in the other bathroom

Got a Dremel tool? They make a tip specifically for that purpose. Check
www.dremel.com to get the model number for the tip, so some teenager at the
store doesn't try and give you the wrong thing. You'll also need a breather
mask, safety goggles, and a 6-pack to complete the job. Maybe earplugs,
unless you're already deaf from years of loud music.

Dremel has 1/8" and 1/16" bits - seems like when I did our grout removal
they had only 1/8", which was a tad small in spots. It has a guide
attachment to keep you on the straight and narrow and works pretty
quickly. Need to be careful if the tiles aren't evenly spaced, as too
tight fit is likely to chip tile.

http://www.dremel.com/en-US/attachme...=66357&I=66361