Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default subpanel selection

Phisherman posted for all of us...

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 05:10:12 -0700, wrote:

I'm finishing my basement. I will be using 2 circuits for lights
(about 15-16 lights total), 1 for outlets, 1 for sewage pump, 1 for
bathroom GFI outlet, and 1 for general other stuff (e.g, bathroom
exhaust fan). If there's a better way, please let me know. I'm
leaning the way of the subpanel now, but I'm going to be doing
everything myself, provided the electrical permit I pulled already can
be amended to include the subpanel to replace the longer home runs.
So since I'm doing it myself, there's no real "Labor savings", other
than my own time. Thanks again!

Try to have at least one electrical outlet on another circuit. Or,
you can "leap-frog" outlets so that every other one is connected to
the same circuit. My basement circuits are GFI, except for my 220v
circuit. Put your subpanel box centrally located, preferably inside a
closet or out-of-sight yet easily accessible. Electrical panels are
ugly! Best to err on the side of too many outlets than not enough.

DON'T put the sub panel in a closet!
--
Tekkie GRIP = Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians