Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Building Kitchen Cabinets

On Nov 6, 1:40 pm, B A R R Y wrote:

ANIP

Talking to the finisher to arrange what grit to sand to, etc... so the
work is as ready to finish as possible, can keep the job in the
"reasonable" range.

Good advice. Prep is always a killer. I would also discuss finish
types, amount of coats of finish (including final thickness), finish
warranties, etc. I would also look strongly at the application
process as well as the brand of finish material.

Your finisher may also want all the doors off the cabinets, or even
give you a discount for delivering them to him that way. Some like to
finish off site, others when installed and trimmed out. All aspects
will affect the price.

Robert

Robert