Posted to rec.woodworking
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default changing the topic to fractions

MB said something like:
VMS also had a great command line language. (Called "DCL", IIRC). You
could automate many tasks. Even create simple apps with a little more
work. Also, saying that most crashes are due to fill in the blank,
is missing the point. The point is that VMS did not crash. Windows is
where the money is, and VMS is extinct, so that's where I spend my
time out of the woodshop. Mac, with it's unix underpinning might be
interesting to try...

I rather like that apple (Jobs) decided to give up their broken NIH syndrome
and go with unix.

Shows levelheadedness, with a touch of chutzpah...

FTR, I started out on DEC machines, and loved VMS until I ran into Unix,
which was a horrific culture shock at the time, but I grew to love it over
VMS.

--
"I don't want FOP, God dammit! I'm a DAPPER DAN MAN!"