Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Unions

"Millwright Ron" wrote in message
ups.com...
snip-----

Many times the benchmark for workers for wages and benefits have been
union workers, especially the UAW. There is also what is called the
prevailing wage. Many wages in a community are based on benchmarks and
prevailing wages.

You just don't get it, do you? People with your mindset tend to be nothing
short of users of society, and very undesirable to be around. Who the
hell wants to be around anyone that feels the world owes them a living?
Benchmarks established at the hands of greedy people represent nothing more
than a benchmark that is doomed to fail.

The UAW is one of the worst of violators, and have single handedly driven
the auto industry to other countries. Union workers made that real easy by
slacking off, demanding more pay for less work, and ignoring even the most
basic demands for quality. Too damned busy going to work stoned to do the
work. I'm without words when I consider that workers that had nothing more
than a lunchbox invested in their jobs were knocking down more than $25/hr
when skilled trades weren't making anywhere near that amount. It's not a
sign of a good thing, it's a sign of things out of control, doomed to
collapse, as they've done. Had workers in this country kept their wits
about themselves and worked for earned wages, perhaps the gap in pay
wouldn't have been large enough for industry to move. We'll be doing good
to have anything left on our shores in a few years if the trend continues.

Tell me-----what's best-----never being able to buy that boat you couldn't
afford, or buying it, only to lose it because your job was lost because you
priced yourself out of the market with unearned wages? Don't you lose by
either choice?

You can put your union where the sun doesn't shine.

Harold