Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
geothermaljones geothermaljones is offline

Default Trane Variable Speed Furnace

Yes...
My & a few dozen others, utility bills, & we're all comfortable...
A VSD in constant operation is far more efficient than even a conventional
blower operating on call, in the heart of the heating or cooling season.
The added dehumidification is a huge benefit as well.

See, DC is a much more efficient powersource when use in close proximity of
production.
Edison & Tesla & Westinghouse all new it,
Unfortunately the DC supply to a power grid in an urban area would require
huge quantities of copper to transmit.
Now if they'd just have used more localized transformers & generation, we'd
all be saving energy.

And I'd thought this string was dead...

geothermaljones.

"Mark" wrote in message
ups.com...

The variable speed is probably saving $15.00 a month, easy.

I doubt it...got anything to back that up?

Mark