Martin Angove

Default Another toolkit question

In message ,
"Owain" wrote:

"Frisket" wrote
| The only other question which is perplexing me is whether to buy 240V or
| 110V devices.
| 110v kit and tranny will cover you for both domestic and industrial /
| commercial otherwise you'll be laying out for the gear twice. Also, you'll
| not be able to work on sites with 240v equipment. Whichever you go for
| don't forget it will need to be PAT tested before you'll be allowed to use
| it anywhere other than private dwellings (bloody health and safety raises
| its ugly head again!)

All equipment will have to be inspected and PAT'd as H&S applies to to all
Work, even if the Workplace is in someone's house.

PAT machines aren't expensive and it's a useful extra service to be able to
offer especially if there is a lot of private rented housing, do the PAT and
work your way in for some wiring jobs and vice versa.

Hmmm... yes, hadn't thought about offering a PATing service. That's
*another* bit of kit to buy! I used to do PAT at a previous place of
employment, but I suppose that I should really add a PAT course to my
list of things to do once I get going.

Are you sure though that it is *really* neccessary to PAT kit for
domestic use? I've never noticed stickers on the kit of the tradesmen
who've done work for me. I'd have thought that it'd be ok without, at
least for the first 6 months or so.

On another note, it's interesting that only one person so far has
actually offered an answer to my original question :-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html