Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D-unit[_2_] D-unit[_2_] is offline

Default Mits. VS-4506R Lost vertical hold

"AJ" wrote in message . ..
Does the menu come up stable on screen and just the video information loose
vert sync?

I will check tonight.

Does the set have PIP? Many post about caps going bad in PIP and other areas
of the set.

As a matter of fact it does have PIP. I just never use it.

Thanks,
Don

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:52:42 -0500, D-unit wrote:

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:01:31 -0500, D-unit wrote:

This rear proj. TV has no vertical hold until
about 5 minutes of warm up. Leave it off for
30 minutes and you have to wait 5 minutes again.

Any ideas?

High ESR caps in the vert section. Got a schematic?

No.

db

These guys do for a $20 download

http://www.servicemanuals.net/

If you're lucky maybe someone will chime in and tell you where exactly to
look, I can't.

However what I would do would be to figure out where the circuitry is,
wait until the vertical syncs up and dribble some cooler a drop at a time
on some of the caps while monitoring the screen. If you hit the right one
the vert will fall out of sync immediately. It's a hit or miss proposition
without a schematic and not something a tech doing this for a living would
consider except for a last ditch effort.