Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Zyp Zyp is offline

Default Chimney liner for oil fired boiler

wrote:
Dear Readers,

I've a Burnham MPO boiler. I called Burnham, whose technicians
suggest that I take the most conservative approach and line my
existing exterior-wall, clay-lined brick chimney with a stainless
liner to minimize flue condensation.

Should this liner necessarily be insulated as well? Or is the dead
airspace (although somewhat cold due to exterior wall) in the chimney
a sufficient buffer? I know the most conservative answer is to
insulate the liner too, but your experiences would be appreciated as
this insulation would be yet another expense on top of the liner.

Thank you very much for your responses.
-Anthony

Anthony;

Check with the Burnham Tech's again, I believe they intemnd for you to use a
double wall stainless flue pipe in the chimney opening. Insulation not
needed.

--
Zyp