Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Hemmings Peter Hemmings is offline

Default Part P - They are coming to do it!

Owain wrote:
Peter Hemmings wrote:
I eventually finished my En-Suite (about a year!).
Got the BI to check and (as I had already mentioned para 1.26) he
agreed to get the Part P done!
I await the contractor, but while the BI was here, he seemed to imply
the whole house would be checked, can this be correct?
I can understand the need to check its safe, but I only wanted hime
to check my additional wiring.

Unless the additional wiring is on its own circuits back to the CU, then
the existing wiring needs to be compliant to the extent necessary for
the new wiring to comply, if you see what I mean. You can expect the
main bonding to services to be checked, for example.

OK

While he vivited he did bring out a meter and checked the earth
impedance (7.5ohm) which he said was good for my installation
(overhead power lines) whi should be less than 33ohms.
I did find out the other day that the power company has put down
earths on every 5th pole and I can have an earth terminal put on my
neutral cable for free, should I do this in future?
I cannot rember the terminology (TT and TMG I think).

TT (earth rod) or PME (Protectivive Multiple Earithing)

OK TA

Owain