Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Earth wire from consumer unit.

dave wrote:

OT but coincdentally, today I had a letter from the gas co. telling me
that they want to come and change my gas meter for a newer one in a
couple of weeks.

Watch the guy like a hawk, and make sure they don't leave leaks. I don't
know if the twit who changed my meter was a CORGI (looked more like a
quickly trained temp), but we had to call out Transco when we started
smelling something gassy soon after.

Secondly, they have to reignite the boiler after completing the work.
This is the point where he may shake his head (if qualified to do so),
mutter something about poor servicing and ventilation - and plant an
expensive for this time of year 'do not use' notice capping the pipe as
well.

Happened to me :-(

Can't you put them off until the spring?

--
Adrian C