Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.broadband
the_constructor the_constructor is offline

Default Advice Please Re- Extension Sockets

"Adrian C" wrote in message
F wrote:
If you go to http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm and buy the
'Genuine BT Master NTE5 Linebox ADSL Adaptor' (don't forget to get some
screws) you can plug it into your main BT socket, connect your extensions
to the appropriate socket on the front, your broadband cable to the other
and then throw all your other filters away.

I think the OP has come to the same arrangement. As far as I can see, the
NTE5 ADSL linebox just looks neater ;-)

--
Adrian C

You're correct in your assumption Adrian. I removed the faceplate, plugged
in the filter then plugged the extensions and modem into the filter.
It may look a little more ugly than the NTE5 ADSL Linebox, but it certainly
is cheaper. It'll do for the time being. The bedroom where main BT socket is
located is my Office/junk room so ugliness isn't any problem.
--
the_constructor

Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom