Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] matthew.larkin@gmail.com is offline

Default Ikea lamp AC adaptor

On 6 Nov, 08:18, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Doki wrote:

My last trip to Ikea had me asking them how on earth they can get tonnes
of furniture from all over the world but can't put something in the
post or on a courier van. When the courier eventually arrived, he told
us the entireity of his work was delivering missing bits from Ikea
kits...

That was my last experience with Ikea - many years ago. I bought a
computer workstation for the workshop - perfect fit for the space
available - made of solid pine and at a price I couldn't have even vaguely
made it for materials only. It had the factory seals on the box, but when
I got it home the keyboard shelf runners were missing.
I went back the next day, which happened to be Saturday, to discover I
had to go to returns to complain - and everyone and his missus was
returning stuff that day. Took most of the morning. Never again.

--
*It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I'm sure it will appall many here, but there isn't a room in my house
that doesn't have some Ikea furniture, the oldest items just over 11
years old. They have survived moves between four different houses in
that time (much of the furniture being dismantled on the way and
rebuilt at the other end with the original fittings). I can't recall
a single flat pack that hasn't had the right components inside, and I
think I've only had one instance of damaged goods. Returns have
always been politely (if slightly time consumingly!) accepted. So
whilst some people's experience of Ikea stuff is that it is flimsy and
poorly packaged, that hasn't been my experience!

Matt