Posted to alt.home.repair
Merlin[_2_] Merlin[_2_] is offline

Default Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:01:32 -0500, "Not@home" wrote:

I don't have a heater, but I have a towel warmer that works the same
way, and easily heats a 6x8 bathroom in a much colder climate than
Florida. In fact, we closed the register on the forced air heating as
the towel heater alone was enough. The brand we got comes in varying
sizes, up to 900 watts and 3000 BTU; perhaps they have even bigger
models now.

I wonder if you have to heat at all for your pets, and if so, whether
you have to heat the whole area. All our pets have fur and don't seem
to be bothered by the cold.

Thank you for your suggestion. Both of my cats are pretty old. The 600
square feet is the common area of my house. It's the living room,
office area, kitchen and laundry area.

The three bedrooms and Florida room aren't included in that. I've
never allowed animals in my bedrooms. I could leave the door open and
they wouldn't go in. It'd worry the hell out of them though.

I'm just trying to heat the common area during the coldest part of the
year. Here, it's mostly air conditioning, but for about a month each
year, it gets down to heater temperatures.