Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to take the metal pin out

Don't dip the door in the acid - doubt if you could buy that much
if any. Mostly you can buy some paste and some wipes.

I'd do the central down. Mask off with wax or tape and work
with paste.

It might be best to get it garnet blasted to frost.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Nick wrote:
Everyone,

Thanks for suggesting the Acid. Unfortunately, there is no easy way
for me to apply it. The metal pin is attached to the
metal frame which cover the top of glass. If I use Acid, I might
destroy the metal frame. This link shows the picture of
Kohler shower door.

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...=2&category=12

I'm trying to remove the top metal frame from it. Here is my crude
diagram

-----------------------------------
|Metal Frame |
| |+
| O (pin) |+
| |
----------------------------------
| |
| glass |
| |

The metal frame protect the top part of the glass and provide the
hinge to the door. I need to remove the pin so that
I can take the metal frame out temporary. If I use acide on the pin,
there is good chance it's going to destroy the metal
frame as well.

If you think there are other way beside using the acid, please let me
know.

Thanks
Nick