Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gasoline transport truck wrecks, burns under bridge...melts iron beams. Now why can't...?

On Nov 5, 7:44 pm, wrote:

Why do you say that? As I understand it, there were several
conspicuous "power-downs" of the towers shortly before 9/11. These
would have provided ample opportunity to rig the buildings.http://www.serendipity.li/wot/forbes01.htm

Most prominent among "the facts" as I know them, is the fact that you
very likely cannot develop a fire hot enough, nor large enough in
extent, to weaken the steel in question, in a mere 56 minutes time
frame. IOW, taking one floor of a WTC tower as a model, you would need
an airflow of about 6E5 CFM, for each of those 56 minutes, to burn
enough fuel to raise the temperature of one floor's worth of
construction materials to 700 degrees centigrade. And that doesn't
even include losses; if you include probable losses by convection,
conduction and radiation, the numbers get even more ridiculous.

My theory comports with this fact.

Honest we are laughing with you, not at you.

Dan