Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric shock, faulty earth terminal.

In article ,
Andy Champ writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
On another occasion, they managed to PAT test all the computers
in the office over night. I guess they weren't used to doing
unix desktop systems, and overlooked that 'uptime' the following
morning revealed the computers hadn't been rebooted for months,
even though they each gained a new PAT test pass sticker.

Windoze also logs this. ( I'm not sure 9x did, but all the NT variants do)

But anyone who came into my office and shut systems down without prior
warning would be likely to have something painful applied to him.

We had prior warning, but as they were all Solaris systems,
we just left them running until the electricians pulled the
plug, and they're all set to reboot on power restoration.

--
Andrew Gabriel