Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default changing 240v trip on circuit breaker to 120v

Assuming it's a two wire cable with a black and a white wire on the double
pole breaker, you would remove the white wire from the breaker and install
it on the neutral buss. Next, remove the bridge connecting the breakers
together. Now you have a 120 volt circuit

" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a circuit that is now 240v and I wish to change it to 120
volts. The switch that trips the fuse at the circuit box for that
curcuit consists of 2 switches connected together with a clip. If I
were to remove the clip and put one switch in the off position
permanently and the other one in the on position would this be a safe
and sound way to get 120v from this circuit? Would it matter which one
I used for the on circuit? Is this the right way to do this? Sorry if
this sounds ludicrous, I don't know much about electricity in a home.