Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Automated Meter Reading (battery) ?

wrote:

And if you get the transponder via the ever friendly PA turnpike
commission they charge you $60+ to replace it (I don't remember the
exact amount he told me). My buddies EZpass recently failed for some
reason. There was no physical damage- Hide quoted text -

I am PA as well.

If they attempt to charge me 60 bucks for a failure they lost me as a
customer.

I mean drive over it smashed fine.

They charge 3 bucks a year rent, if you get auto $ refill.

So he should of just added another one to his account. II have 3, one
per vehicle

He already had the max on his account.

You might want to check out one of the other agencies. I switched ours
when the turnpike added the rental fee.

And as a point of interest I though handing over I-80 to the efficient
turnpike commission was a dead idea but my other friend lives close to
I-80 and just got a letter from the turnpike about a public meeting
where the conversion of I-80 to a turnpike will be discussed.