Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown foggytown is offline

Default Cold glue joints

On Nov 5, 7:38?pm, dpb wrote:
dpb wrote:
FoggyTown wrote:
Are PVA (TiteBond II or III) glue joints which are left to cure in
cool-ish temps (50 degrees F or so) less strong than joints dried at
higher temps - or does it just take longer for the glue to set
strongly? Getting chilly at night now and not really practical to
bring glue-ups inside the house from my unheated shed.

As long as you're above the chalk temperature, they will eventually cure
to at least near full strength. I'm sure there's research on whether
there's an effect or not, but I don't have a reference to it.

Oh, the thing I was going to add -- for sure take the glue into the
house and keep it in a warm location; don't leave it out to reach the
near-critical temperature to start from.

--

Ooooooooooo! Good point! Hadn't even thought of doing that.

FoggyTown