Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Earth wire from consumer unit.

Mark wrote:

Thanks for replying.
The pipework is all copper. To get from the consumer unit to where the
copper gas pipe enters the house is quite long route and lots of t&g
floorboards to lift.
Does it need to be as near the meter or house entry as possible? I guess
what I'm trying to say is, can't it be connected to a copper pipe a bit more
convenient.

In reality if all the pipe joints were soldered then that would achieve
the desired result in practical terms. However it may not pass
inspection since it is not to the letter of the regulation. There is
nothing to stop you routing the main bond by a indirect route if it
helps (i.e. outside and back in later, up into a first floor void etc).

--
Cheers,

John.