Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Earth wire from consumer unit.

..

What I mean is - why has the issue even arisen? How does the plumber -
who is not an electrician - know there is something wrong with your
earth bonding?

Really all he needs to concern himself with is bonding all his
pipework together at the boiler end.

Has he explained why he thinks this extra work is necessary? You might
not even have an electricity supply which requires supplementary
bonding. How long has the current electrical installation been in
place?

Steve

Rewiring is recent.
Central heating is in progress.
Seems like the electrician forgot to put an earth into the consumer unit.
I just want it to end up safe and conforming.

mark