Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Tadpole CH deaerator - marketing gimmick?

wrote:
Tadpole works on the same principle - reducing air in a primary
system down to 1 part in 2.5 million.

That's a pretty low level of dissolved air. Let's call it 1ppm of
oxygen - I don't care about the nitrogen. That little oxygen dissolved
in the water would certainly cut corrosion - but I'm unclear how it
works. I certainly can't see how it'd cut £200 of my annual heating
bill, wonderful as it might be for the lifetime of the parts.

From your web site:

"Well the tadpole is a patented design that creates a vortex. As the
water travels through the heating system it passes through the tadpole
and the vortex removes the dissolved air from the water"

I'd be interested to read the patents. Which numbers are they?

Andy.