Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default Replace 3-way switches with timer

Hi,

I have a rental building with two separate entrances to the basement
laundry room. Each entrance has a light switch to turn on the light
in the basement. The problem is the tenants never turn off the
lights. I would like to replace these two switches with a timer
switches that would shut itself off after some fix amount of time.

All the timer switches I have seen are for single pole and for a few
that support 3-way wiring but It was not clear to me that I can use
two timer switches on a circuit. If there is such a product, please
let me know the brand and model number.

Thanks,

CT