Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new grill recommendations needed

On Nov 4, 11:52 pm, "Roger Taylor" sherryrogeratcomcastdotnet wrote:
I have had a Weber three-burner model with controls on the right, fold-out
work surface on left, a really good thermometer for interior air
temperature. Webers tend to be more expensive than some big box store
models, but I am happy with performance, easy to clean, and myriad
accessories always available long after you buy it.
Go for the cast iron grill - the stamped steel one I have sucks. It warps,
and is hard to clean.
Also second the rec to consult Consumer Reports - it's worth a trip to the
library.
Roger

Same here. I have a Weber Genesis that is probably about 10 years old
now and nearing the end of it's life. It's been a great grill. Only
problem I had was that the wood shelves eventually started to rot
away, but they've fixed that by going to the Trex like material on the
new ones.

If you have natural gas avail at the house, I'd recommend looking into
going with that as fuel. Have it here and not having to deal with
the tanks is a big plus.