Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default new grill recommendations needed

"Roger Taylor" sherryrogeratcomcastdotnet wrote in message
I have had a Weber three-burner model with controls on the right, fold-out
work surface on left, a really good thermometer for interior air
temperature. Webers tend to be more expensive than some big box store
models, but I am happy with performance, easy to clean, and myriad
accessories always available long after you buy it.
Go for the cast iron grill - the stamped steel one I have sucks. It warps,
and is hard to clean.
Also second the rec to consult Consumer Reports - it's worth a trip to the
library.
Roger

I second that on the cast iron grills. Mine are by Vermont Castings, and
NOTHING sticks to them if you spray a little PAM on there, or if it does,
just leave on for ten minutes and brush.

Roger, I have a question. How do you keep your SS shiny? On the SS
components of my grills, they always get oily and sand sticks to them and
they are kind of hard to clean. The cheap 509 degreaser spray from the
Dollar Store works best for me, and every once in a while, I'll take the
hose and the vacuum and the 509 and really give them a bath.

I have looked at the grills, and even the Weber as I may buy another grill
for my cabin. I am just slightly reluctant, as my experience with SS is
that it takes time to keep it up.

Thanks.

Steve