Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Automated Meter Reading (battery) ?

On Nov 5, 9:36?am, George wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 4, 10:40 pm, " wrote:
On Nov 4, 6:33?pm, Paul Franklin
wrote:

Here's a link to the article describing how the original remote
reading modules I referred to in my previous post are still operating
after 20 years...
http://www.tadiranbat.com/articles/metering20y.pdf
Paul F.
they just installed the remote reading gas meter this summer.

I was told the batrtery is good for at least 7 years, since it only
transmits when requested report in.

must be a interesting technology, i wonder how toll road fast pass
work? no batterys there

The EZPass toll gizmos used in cars here in NJ/NYC have batteries.
They have to be periodically swapped out for a new unit, not user
replaceable.

And if you get the transponder via the ever friendly PA turnpike
commission they charge you $60+ to replace it (I don't remember the
exact amount he told me). My buddies EZpass recently failed for some
reason. There was no physical damage- Hide quoted text -

I am PA as well.

If they attempt to charge me 60 bucks for a failure they lost me as a
customer.

I mean drive over it smashed fine.

They charge 3 bucks a year rent, if you get auto $ refill.

So he should of just added another one to his account. II have 3, one
per vehicle