Sunworshiper

Default 55 Gal. steel drum question

On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:54:58 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2004 19:22:08 GMT, Sunworshiper
stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

I have a like new pretty blue racing fuel drum that I could drop off
at his place Sunday or Mon. I cut the top end off at about 3" from
the sides , the plug holes are still there... Will that be ok Roger?

Speaking of racing fuel, I got some nice whiffs of burnt nitromethane
fuel this morning. They're having the Boatnik Festival here in Grants
Pass this weekend and the Marathon Jet Boats were haulin' ass up and
down the Rogue today. I sat in the back of my pickemup and watched
them come by at 90-100mph with headers uncorked. Whatta hoot!

According to one of the spectators from Roseburg, one of the same
drivers (who raced Roseburg last week) does his own machining (see?
it's actually on topic) and lost a pin connecting his steering in
the race last week. He ended up out of control, heading for a crowd
at a bend, so he stood up and started waving both hands to get the
crowd to move away. They just waved back until they saw that he wasn't
stopping. He ended up 30' up the bank, completely out of the water,
but not too much damage resulted and nobody was hurt.

The moral of the story, boys and girls, is to always drill out those
pins and put cotter or hitch pins in those critical connectors.

I wonder if Tom Gardener has enough in his Rubish Cube. If yhou don't
get that drum over to Roger, maybe Tom could refer him to the proper
cup brush to take care of it.

P.S: That's pronounced "rube-ish", a Goldbergian term.

-
Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.
http://diversify.com

Oh, I'll get it to him. Or go hunt down his # , I have about 5 subject
note books with numbers. I saw it not long ago , matter of fact I'll
try to find it now, even though I'm dead to the world. Just had to go
stop a guy from screwing up his pool and bake in the sun some more.
Not sure I'll be awake for dinner.

I saw a cool boat race on the river in the middle of Austin Tx. back
in ahhh '75 ? They outlawed it right after that. Was down right
bitch'en ! Rooster tails about 3/4's of the 1/4 mile. Seemed like.

The guy I just met for his pool has a room as big as my shop full of
running computers. And he wants to know when I can get to doing his
stuff. I need to clone myself.