Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Hemmings Peter Hemmings is offline

Default Part P - They are coming to do it!

Hi,

I eventually finished my En-Suite (about a year!).
Got the BI to check and (as I had already mentioned para 1.26) he agreed
to get the Part P done!
I await the contractor, but while the BI was here, he seemed to imply
the whole house would be checked, can this be correct?
I can understand the need to check its safe, but I only wanted hime to
check my additional wiring.
While he vivited he did bring out a meter and checked the earth
impedance (7.5ohm) which he said was good for my installation (overhead
power lines) whi should be less than 33ohms.
I did find out the other day that the power company has put down earths
on every 5th pole and I can have an earth terminal put on my neutral
cable for free, should I do this in future?
I cannot rember the terminology (TT and TMG I think).