Posted to alt.home.repair

Default rusty toilet tank bolts

On Nov 5, 2:19?am, wrote:
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 06:55:42 +0000 (UTC), blessed style

wrote:

" wrote:

(...)
Should I leave well enough alone if it's not leaking?

Yep.

Or drain the tank, sponge as dry as you can and let it air dry till
it's completely dry. Then coat the heads and a little of the
surrounding tank with silicone. That way they wont rust further.

at replacement time its easiest to use sawzall under tank to cut bolts
off.

I wouldnt disturb the current situation but drying and silicone is
excellent idea.

I put silicone on all drain connections at install, havent had a
single leak.

got this idea from a plumber who I had come for a stuborn leak, he did
the silicone thing.

his education cost me 80 bucks but that was 15 years ago, I have put
it to excellent use ever since!