Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Embossed Backsplash

On Nov 3, 9:43 am, Ken wrote:
I am contemplating the replacement of my counter tops and back splash
in my kitchen. One of the materials that appeals to me are the embossed
panels such as those athttp://www.mbossinc.com/backsplash.htmandhttp://www.homeportfolio.com/catalog/Product.jhtml?superCatId=11&manI...
Since there are several makers of these panels and some use metal and
others use a thermoplastic material, I thought I would ask if anyone had
used this material for a back splash and which material they used? Your
comments will be appreciated.

Those things are a major PITA to keep clean. Of course, if you only
want a show kitchen to impress your friends, use the metal ones by the
stove and thermoplastic ones anywhere you want to accent your other
treasures. Although no one wants their kitchen to look like a
commercial restaurant, keep in mind that some of these fads will not
wear well over the years, so try to balance trendiness with
practcality and good taste. HTH

Joe