Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread jthread is offline

Default pool heaters

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"jthread" writes:

Anyone have experience with pressure switches?

Mine has malfunctioned twice in one year. I just looked it up and it's
$52.
This can get old real fast.

No experience with pressure switches other than the fact that I replaced
one in my pool heater when it started leaking.

My experience with pool heaters is that all the parts wear out and it
doesn't take long before you have to replace the whole thing.

I've replaced most of the parts and last year so many major parts were
worn out or rusted out, I had to replace the whole thing. Apparently
the combination of heat, water, and being outdoors all winter is
pretty hard on them.

Never had a $52 repair. All my repairs were way over that.
Make sure to keep the PH near neutral.

thanks, I get my water check reg. The pool place is pretty close by. I think
your right about my heater. it's about 25 y/o. and it's outside uncovered.
the people that lived here before never used it. they thought it was beyond
repair. it only needed a pressure switch. i don't think they used the pool
at all. i found that switch on the internets for $27. still expensive but
quite a difference.