Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Water pressure in house?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Bob F" wrote in message

You should have a pressure reducing valve on your main water line
where it enters your house. Usually shaped somewhat like a bell.
Tnere is a screw in top that will increase/decrease the pressure.
Unfortunately I don't remember which direction you need to go. Maybe
someone else remembers. Try only one quarter or one half revolutions
at a time.

Why should they have a pressure reducing valve?

Bob

Because in some locales (like right here at my house), the unrestricted water
pressure may spike to 100-125, and even if you don't mind your pipes slamming,
some appliances and devices might have issues with.

His pressure is only 70psi, just like mine. Sure, in some places he might need
one, but this poster certainly doesn't know that.

Bob