Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

"Merlin" wrote
..
Has anyone used one of these for heating?

I havent, but I did see something interesting on one of those 'house
flipping' shows just last week. Fellow had something like that (not on
wheels) and he built a little credenza with grillwork over it to both hide
it and make a nice sort of breaskfast nook spot with stools in front. I
thought tthat was a pretty nifty idea. I was also thinking if the top
lifted up, sorta like a piano keyboard cover does, it would make for better
heat flow.

In your area, you dont need much heat or perhaps it's better to say you do
not need it often. Since it's on wheels and pets can be 'playful' when you
are away, I'd want to have some way to make sure they can't knock it over
when you are gone. I'm sure if you do like the idea of some sort f
'enclosure' the unit has specs on how far away from other things it is
supposed to be. (keep that in mind with the bottom if you have a deep pile
carpet).