Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Damaged Electric Plug on Appliance

"John Ross" wrote in message
oups.com...
I unplugged the television and noticed that one of the blades on the
plug was bent (not straight out, but sorta curved). Surprisinly it
easily fits into the outlet, and I have checked to see if the plug
gets warm, which it doesn't. I tried pliers to straighten it, but it
did not work.

Is this something to be overly concerned about? If it's bent in such a
way that it makes a tight connection, can it still cause arcing if the
whole blade is not fully in contact with the inside of the outlet?

If it is straight enough to go into the slot, it should be just fine. It is
probably held in proper position once inserted.