Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default 1/2" bits in a 3/8" chuck?

On Nov 3, 8:18 pm, Jay Pique wrote:
Is there any sort of 1/2" chuck that you can chuck into a 3/8" chuck
so you can use half inch drill bits with your 3/8" drill?

JP
chuckling

You can buy a Makita 9/16" hammer drill, keyless (Makita HP1501K) for
about 69.00 on line.
I got one free with my LS1013 SCMS, (I wouldn't have bought one 'cuz I
already had a 1/2" Milwaukee, but what the hey...it was free.) and now
it is the most used drill in my shop. (The cordless ones seem to
always hide in boxes or bags somewhere.... the cord actually serves as
a locator as well.G)
Lots of balls, will run at high speeds and just a nice grip too.