Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default OT - You May Have A Passport Refund Coming

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Nov 4, 2:12 am, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:

Complain all you want about passport cost, but the real ripoff is that these
new passports comply to the new ICAO rules (imposed by the US) of machine
readable passports. The technology used is RFID and all your personal data
is recorded on that chip. Security for that data is grossly insufficient and
your personal data can be retrieved from your passport when in your pocket
or purse at some considerable distance. The government is aware of this and
has decided to keep this quiet, even though it represents such a huge risk
of identity loss and you pay $100 for this privilege.
Steve

Correct...and very scary.

You may laugh but I keep mine in a Faraday cage like folder in my
pocket.

One can make folder out of metal screen or metal foil...WOW...metal
content. ;)

TMT

Now we have tim foil hats for passports?

What is thie world coming to?