Roger Mills

Default HELP tuning video

"belmont5" wrote in message
s.com...
Earlier this week we bought a new widescreen TV & I am having great

problems
trying to tune the VCR.

I have connected the new TV, VCR & skybox as shown in the skybox manual

i.e.
terrestrial aerial & satellite aerial to skybox, two scart cables from
skybox, one to TV & the other to VCR, RF cable from skybox to VCR & RF

cable
from VCR to TV.

I have tuned the five terrestrial channels & sky to the new TV & can use

the
Sky remote to switch between TV & Satellite no problem.

I have tried tuning the VCR to the TV by setting the TV to channel 8 &
playing a video in the VCR while automatically scanning on the tuning

menu,
it picks up everything but the video. I have also noticed that when
the remote is set to Sky then I can switch the VCR on ok yet when I switch
the VCR on when the remote is set to TV then Channel 6 which is where Sky

is
tuned to becomes unwatchable due to interference.

Hope you can understand this. Thanks for looking & I hope someone might be
able to help.

Cheers

Jamie.

As someone else has said, I'm not sure why you are using RF tuning when you
appear to have direct video connections via Scart. However, if you *do* need
RF (e.g. to distribute to other sets around the house) the chances are that
your sky box and your VCR are outputting on the same (or maybe adjacent)
channels, so that they interfere with each other. If this is the case, you
will need to change the output channel on one or other of them - but be
careful not to tune it too close to any of the terrestrial channels. [I'm
talking here about the UHF frequency channels - all of which are in the
range 21-68 - NOT the programme channel (1, 2, ... 6, ... 8 etc.) on your
remote control]

HTH,
Roger