Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default Problems with a wood window frame.

On Nov 4, 6:20 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Also can you remember what primer and topcoat was used?

I've re-done it 3 times and a pro once. I've had Wicks, B&Q and Dulux wood
primer (pink) around at various times and it will be one of those. The
undercoat and gloss will have been similar. I've not noticed much of a
difference in life with any of these. The pro seemed to swear by Dulux.
His efforts have lasted less well than mine. ;-)

Fair enough, I'd try the Sadolin stuff I mentioned in the other post,
they have a product data sheet for download which has some good tips.

It looks like it's basically a water based opaque wood stain so works
differently from normal oil based primer/topcoat paints.

When choosing a wood preservative, it's worth doing a little research
on the active ingredients as some are better than others.

cheers,
Pete.