Posted to alt.home.repair
John Ross John Ross is offline

Default Damaged Electric Plug on Appliance

I unplugged the television and noticed that one of the blades on the
plug was bent (not straight out, but sorta curved). Surprisinly it
easily fits into the outlet, and I have checked to see if the plug
gets warm, which it doesn't. I tried pliers to straighten it, but it
did not work.

Is this something to be overly concerned about? If it's bent in such a
way that it makes a tight connection, can it still cause arcing if the
whole blade is not fully in contact with the inside of the outlet?