Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Trees hanging over roof...

Hire a professional arborist. Have him evaluate the health of the
trees and get recommendations for trimming. Obviously no branches
should contact the house or roof. Any trees that are "iffy" may need
to come down. If they fall and damage your house (or the neighbors)
you'll have a headache. Remember trees keep growing and having large
trees requires regular maintenance. Neglecting it can cost you.

On Nov 4, 12:16 am, wrote:
I am a first time home owner, so please excuse my ignorance. My house
is on a heavily treed lot. I have a several large oak trees which
hang over the roof and provide a great deal of shade for the
blistering Texas summer and keep my bills quite a bit lower than my
neighbors. At the same time however, I have been cautioned that the
leaves and twigs that fall on the roof can be hazardous long term to
the shingles. Should I consider having the trees trimmed back?