Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread jthread is offline

Default POS furnace - what is "POS" ? (old furnace lingo)

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article . com,
jim wrote:

On Nov 2, 10:21 pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote in message

...Pilo t Operating
Sequencer.

--

Christopher A. Young
.

"Some Guy" wrote in message

Some HVAC guys use the term "POS" when referring to (I think) old NG
furnaces with exposed burners and continuously-lit pilot lights.

I think the acronym has something to do with the pilot light, but I'm
not sure.

Anyone know what the "POS" acronym stands for?

Mine called mine a POS and he meant piece of ****. :-)

Cheri

Have heard of the term and have forgotten it will find for you, Tobad
Google does'nt do something about the children on this site .

Too bad usenet doesn't do something about children accessing newsgroups
from google.

and school, tv, movies, radio... life...

did you guys watch the last Survivor China? the censors fell asleep on that
one. kids have much raunchier places on the "internets" than this for thier
education.. :-) besides i'd be more concerned about the pedos.