Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default How to take the metal pin out

I would seriously consider using a diamond or silicon carbide abrasive bit
and just grinding the pin down - if you make a little wax dam all around it
you can keep water in there to cool and remove the ground up metal - it
should grind away just fine if you are patient - a dremel tool (or better an
air tool to eliminate shock hazard) would do the trick

"Nick" wrote in message
oups.com...
Everyone,

Thanks for suggesting the Acid. Unfortunately, there is no easy way
for me to apply it. The metal pin is attached to the
metal frame which cover the top of glass. If I use Acid, I might
destroy the metal frame. This link shows the picture of
Kohler shower door.

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...=2&category=12

I'm trying to remove the top metal frame from it. Here is my crude
diagram

-----------------------------------
|Metal Frame |
| |+
| O (pin) |+
| |
----------------------------------
| |
| glass |
| |

The metal frame protect the top part of the glass and provide the
hinge to the door. I need to remove the pin so that
I can take the metal frame out temporary. If I use acide on the pin,
there is good chance it's going to destroy the metal
frame as well.

If you think there are other way beside using the acid, please let me
know.

Thanks
Nick