Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Chatter while parting off.

According to Larry Jaques :
On 3 Nov 2007 03:54:16 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
(DoN. Nichols) quickly quoth:

[ ... ]

But you mean that your newsreader doesn't have a wince-sensing
auto-cancel feature? :-)

No, and I've sent in dozens of new-feature requests to Forte about it
already. I can live without that, but I really need a twit filter
which catches every message of the trolls or messages quoting the
trolls. A full-text search would do that and help us clean up the
cliffy/TMT, etc. crap instantly.

Mine will do that -- but it puts a lot of load on the net
connection, because it has to read the entire article to catch the
references. While I was running my own (local) news server, the
overhead was minimal, but since I have been forced to go to a remote
news server (by my original ISP first dropping newsfeeds to customers,
and shortly afterwards dropping *all* news servers -- so I dropped
them.)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |